During sessions you will:
What to expect:
- Learn what energy healing techniques you can use on your own to create more peace in your life right now!
- Apply holistic energy healing techniques to an emotional or physical ailment.
- Relieve your daily accumulation of stress.
- Receive guided support with a professional practitioner.
- Decrease pain or stress related to a troubling issue(s).
- Increase positive states of being that propel you to your desired goal(s).
What to expect:
- Matthew Elszy practices Comprehensive Energy Psychology as it can be applied in a success coaching atmosphere. The work is a combination of many Energy Healing modalities. Some of these modalities are Thought Field Therapy (created by the pioneering Psychologist Dr. Roger Callahan - http://www.tappingtherapy.com), Emotional Freedom Techniques (created by Gary Craig - http://www.emofree.com), and Eden Energy Medicine (founded by Donna Eden - http://innersource.net/em). These modalities are used within a psychotherapeutic-inspired framework.
- Every client will eventually be assigned a "home support plan" in order to explore and make swifter healing improvements outside of session time. This is just as important as exploring the work during session, because the work is meant to be a "practice" (like yoga).
- Currently, sessions are about 50 minutes long and will take place in the comfort of the client's home or at an agreed upon location. Matthew is currently able to travel to destinations within the "South Bay" area of San Fransisco, CA. If you'd like treatment in your home, please think about your living space and conditions. Sessions should be private, conducted in a quiet place with no disturbances. Sessions are confidential, so they will be between the practitioner and the client only. Matthew does not offer group sessions at this time.
- The focus of therapy time will be to practice specific techniques, like acupressure and energy checking. In order to practice these techniques, Matthew will touch the client's arms and/or hands (in order to teach the client appropriate mechanics of the techniques) and permission to do so will always be obtained prior to the use of the techniques, or other options will be explored. Additionally, he will instruct all clients to touch, tap, or move his or her hands on or around specific points of focus on their bodies; these movements and positions will engage the client's bio-energetic systems - which will create the needed balance, harmony, and restoration desired.
- Questions about the science behind the therapies are always welcomed; however, due to the limited session time, it is best to do your own research before sessions, rather than spend too much time on discussion of research and science. During the first session, Matthew will teach the fundamentals of some *scientific theories regarding Comprehensive Energy Psychology. The link below will take you to the research page at ACEP's website. The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology is a great resource for those who would like to learn more detailed information.
*Scientists/researchers have found (and are finding) very exciting evidence that is supporting Energy Psychology methods. The American Psychological Association has approved ACEP (Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology) to provide Continuing Education credits for psychologists, social workers, counselors, acupuncturists, marriage and family therapists, and nurses after completing their workshops that lead to certification in Energy Psychology. This is very exciting, because that means that the APA is open to including these new evidence-based interventions being presented to them in their myriad of psychological practices.